Although the primary emphasis of the camp is music, the camp offers a balanced blend of activities and programming.
Each day will include most of the following:
- Music Lesson – This music lesson will be held in a small-group setting (2-4 students) to ensure that each child receives personal attention in their instrument.
- Outdoor Activities – Weather-permitting, campers will be able to play an organized sport activity like dodgeball, soccer, basketball, capture the bacon, etc or have free time outside.
- Arts & Crafts – Campers will have the opportunity to make their own masterpieces, as they build, cut, paste, and stack, using their imaginations and creativity to create silly putty, cardboard instruments, and many other fun activities!
- Field Trips – These will vary by location and can include on-campus or off-campus field trips like laser tag, bounce houses, animal shows, water days, and a few other fun-filled activities!
- Rock Band and Guitar Hero competitions – As formative and instructional parts of our music curriculum, we use Rock Band and Guitar Hero to supplement the daily music lessons. Campers will have the opportunity to receive the ‘rocker-of-the-day’ award for their video game prowess!
- Many other activities!
Every day at Music Camp will offer something new, but below you can find a template of what a ‘normal’ day at camp looks like:
|9:00 AM||Drop-Off Free Time|
|10:00 AM||Outdoor Sports|
|11:00 AM||Music Lessons|
|1:15 PM||Arts & Crafts|
|2:00 PM||Instrument Practice & Snack Time|
|2:45 – 3:00 PM||Pick-Up / Free Time|
We offer lessons in the following instruments:
- Drums & Percussion
- Acoustic & Electric Guitar
- Bass Guitar
Beginners with no musical experience are welcome at camp but we can accommodate any musical skill level!